Visualize Yourself Achieving Your Goals and Experiencing Massive Success
Rev. Dr. Kitty Boitnott, NBCT, RScP
Heart-Centered Career Transition and Job Search Coach | Life Strategies and Stress Management Coach
In recent weeks, I have offered suggestions on how to cultivate a positive outlook on life. The reason to work on doing that is so you can live a happier, more successful life.
Imagine what it would feel like if you could achieve your goals and attract all the success you want. How would that feel? Can you imagine it?
What if I told you that you could have anything you wanted by using your thoughts intentionally?
It is possible!
"Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes." ― C.G. Jung
In his classic work, Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill admonished readers to use faith. He also instructed them to use imagination and auto-suggestion, along with other mental techniques for achieving success.
Hill pointed out what I tell my clients all the time. The only way you can't get where you are going or achieve what you want in life is for you to let yourself give up.
Those who have achieved success weren't just lucky. They made their own luck. They worked hard and kept their eyes on the object of their desire.
Keeping your attitude positive, even when it is hard, is critical if you want to be successful.
Here are six ways to use positive thoughts to imagine yourself attracting success.
1. Visualize. Imagine yourself achieving the success you want. Visualize your success in vivid detail. Don't leave out anything. For instance, if your goal is to lose 20 pounds, envision yourself putting on a pair of sexy jeans. If the goal is to sell $10,000 in products, picture yourself receiving paid invoices. Keep visual reminders around you. Use your imagination to help boost you in the direction of your goals and dreams.
2. Practice gratitude. Be thankful for what you already have. Acknowledge three or four things you are grateful for every day. Embrace the day with the goal of being grateful for your many blessings. Picture in your mind how you would be grateful when you hit your ultimate goal. Imagine what it would feel like to experience the pinnacle of success.
3. Create a plan. Schedule each day carefully. A plan that you can look at each day helps you see where you are going. It will also help you identify where you may be going off course, and you can make changes accordingly.
4. Meditate and/or spend some time in nature. It's a good idea to silence the noise that is around you. Sit quietly with your thoughts, removing negative noise. Research supports that a meditation practice can improve your life in a variety of significant ways, including helping you envision the success you seek.
5. Surround yourself with positive people. Associating with positive people can rub off on you. Envision yourself being positive and kind to strangers as well as friends and family.
6. Be enthusiastic. Feel excited about your daily activities. Enthusiasm is contagious, and it rubs off on other people. It will draw other people to you, too. If you don't feel enthusiastic, force yourself to behave enthusiastically until you feel better. Picture yourself being happy and excited. "Fake it until you make it" if you have to. That actually works.
You can do this.
Use your mind's creative visualization ability to see yourself attaining your goals. See yourself achieving the success you desire. Visualize where you want to go in your life. And then set your goals to get there.
10 Easy Ways to Be Happier with Your Life
1) Listen to music. Music can lift you up and make you feel good. Music can improve your mood instantly, and it is such a simple thing to do.
2) Don't watch so much television. Read a good book. Go for a walk. We tend to watch too much TV, and it isn't good for us.
3) Be aware of the negativity that may be around you. Negative thoughts drain your energy. Negative people do the same.
4) Make time to be alone so you can. Just sit quietly. Choose to sit in your favorite room. Sit in nature. Go anywhere that you can be alone for at least five minutes. This is especially important if you are a mother and have trouble finding any "me" time because you are so busy with everyone else. It isn't selfish of you to want five minutes to yourself. So make it happen, even if it is while you are in the bath or shower.
5) Take some time to figure out who you are or who you want to be. It is amazing how we can get to middle age and not know either of those things about ourselves. We have been so busy making a living, we have forgotten we should be making a life for ourselves. So if you haven't figured it out before now, do it.
6) Exercise daily. Even a short walk will improve your mood. Your body was meant to move, so it will thank you for taking the time to be active even if only for a few minutes a day.
7) Have projects and goals that mean something to you to work toward. You don't have to do what other people are doing or copy goals that other people have. What things light you up? What brings meaning to your life?
8) Do the things you enjoy doing. Like to crochet? Do it daily. Love to read novels? Do it for a few minutes daily. Enjoy hiking? Go ahead and take a hike.
9) Eliminate from your life the things that don't make you happy. Don't tolerate anything or anyone who makes you feel bad about yourself. You deserve to be surrounded by things and people who will lift you.
10) Smile. Did you know that by smiling, you will bring on a happy feeling? So even when you don't feel like it, Smile.
Cultivating happiness is one way to build a positive outlook. Every day, find ways to be happy, even if you have to force it at first.
You can cultivate a positive attitude.
If you've always had a negative attitude, the recommendations in this series might help. I certainly hope so.
Start by becoming aware of your thoughts. When a negative thought enters, replace it with a positive one. Engage in activities that make you happy. Meditate and visualize your way to success. Successfully changing your outlook might require digging deeper into your subconscious mind. But it's worth the effort, isn't it?
We all want to be happy. The good news is that we can be. We just have to learn how. This series was meant to help you figure it out. I hope it helped at least a little.
Until next time.